Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chappy WTH are you doing?!


I have gotten a few questions lately about my own training/programming. So I thought I would give you guys the skinny on what I am doing. It's pretty simple.

 I have been following the crossfit football professional level programming for the last few months. I don't always follow the daily wod but I am religious about hitting my lifts. Today I set a new PR on the Hang Power Clean of 240 lbs. That's 70 lbs. more than I weigh. Last week I hit a 175 lb. power snatch also a PR. This programming is legit. John Welbourn is LEGIT! On this program we lift Mon-Tue/Thur-Fri.

Like I said earlier I don't always do the daily wod as John prescribes but I do hit a metcon wod. My very basic programming template for metcons is this. Mon-Tue/Thu-Fri are short intense heavy metcons. 10 min or less. Saturday is a longer metcon usually in the 15-20 min range.

My rest days are Wed. and Sun. Sometimes on Wednesday I will do some skill work or train jiujitsu with my good friend Ian Starr. Ian is also the man that validated this training for me by telling me how angry he was about how strong I was getting. He, consequently is also now following the CFFB programming and is getting stupid strong as well.  Sundays I am usually so crushed from the week that I can't do anything except eat and rest. In addition to the programming I am also taking a new pre and post workout supplement. I am working on a video to show case these which I will post up later in the week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm calling for immediate drug testing! Unnatural results in a compressed timeframe. Still bad ass though! Nice work Chap!!!!

    ReplyDelete