Friday, March 2, 2012

Beer, barbells, and bottle openers


So I finally hit my body weight power snatch today. I've been struggling with that for months. I cannot tell you how good it feels to finally have that monkey off my back! So I decided to celebrate by rewarding myself with a delicious Guinness extra stout. Which I opened with my Homer Simpson bottle opener. That bottle opener was a gift from Nina's best friend Emily when we first got married ( 8 yrs. ago this August) and it still works. Everyone in my house can tell when I've opened a beer because they hear Homer freaking out. It's awesome!

Last week I tried the Guinness Black Lager, it is terrible. It tastes like Guinness mixed with a Bud Light. I have never been so upset about a beer in my life. Other than the Pumpkin Ale that somebody left at my house on Pumpkin day this year.  There are two things that I will not mess with. Coffee and Guinness. Coffee is meant to be drank black and so is Guinness. If you want to improve your lifts, your love life and make more money. Drink coffee and Guinness and don't mess with them!

And to whoever came up with the idea of Guinness Black Lager bite me.


6 comments:

  1. A friend of Drea's brought over a single coffee beer a few months ago. I only had a sip of it but I can tell you this much: it tastes like coffee and beer.

    I'm gonna try and find some, after the oly class perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmm....had I known you'd be drinking coffee beer after the oly seminar I would have cancelled the crap I had to leave early for!!! Did you try it? How was it??? Huh? Huh? Huh? Chappy...I wouldn't leave it in your fridge at home and admit it in public. I know where you live...and it's close...and I shoveled your driveway once so....just sayin ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh KJ it was amazing! And you know you're welcome at our house anytime and that includes anything in the fridge. Actually I'm quite offended that you only come over to see Nina when I'm at work. I'm getting Nina some patio furniture in the near future so that means beers on the deck soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...it's nothing personal! It's dumb that I don't come over more often! With my new budgeting process (which basically means not going out much anymore cause I super suck at controlling my spending habits) I'll be free for more time on the patio. Shoot...I don't even need furniture :-) Maybe we could have that pre/post workout nutrition chat over some coffee beer...I'll bring the first round(s).

    ReplyDelete